Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Thank Yous & Graduation Speech.

This is the speech I wrote, I was always on the fence about giving it because I'm not a public speaker. I would have A.)Stumbled B.)Talked so low no one would have heard me. C.)Cried D.)All of the above. So here it is.

Thank you to Joe for believing I was meant to be a part of this school

Airene and Vicky, with how many students you encounter, I find it amazing that you still manage to greet everyone by name when you see them. It makes us feel special, so thank you.

To all of our instructors…
Ms. Goveia. I know we wouldn’t have survived the rest of the year without going through your boot camp first. I know you say people usually only thank you for kicking their butts, but I love you for more than just that. You’ve made an impact on many areas of my life outside of makeup and I appreciate that.

Ms. Hernandez. Thank you so much for always making sure your students are on the right track even after we leave your class, and for being such a fun person to learn from.

Mrs. Schoolhouse. Thank you for being so filled with knowledge and always sharing that knowledge with us. Also for being such a comforting and encouraging human being.

Mr. Graham, who is not nearly as scary as one might think. Thank you for telling us when we did things wrong as well as when we did them right, and always making us laugh when you come creeping by the classroom.

Mr. Knight. Thanks for trying your hardest to cram as much information as possible into 2 days before going to Egypt. It really did help.

Mr. Valdes. Thank you for taking over for Mr. Knight and making sure we excelled through our last month of school.

Mr. Kiss. Thank you for always showing us several different ways to achieve things. For sharing your awesome amounts of knowledge with us and going out of your way to make sure we succeed and understand. And we can’t thank you enough for not only teaching our class, but your other class at the same time. It couldn’t have been easy, but know we were all very thankful to have you for an extra month.

Angie and Jackie. We were a small class, but we were a good one. Thank you both for making this the first time ever that a class has felt like family to me.

Thanks to my friends for still being my friends when I return home and always cheering me on.

My family. My Dad, Mom, Nana, Aunt Jeannie and Cristina. I can never thank you enough for supporting me through this year. The absence of any one of you would have made this impossible. Hopefully I’ll make enough money doing this someday that I can support you all in return.

2 comments:

  1. Such a very touching speech, you would have made me cry at the ceremony, I think your teachers were also lucky to have such a passionate student to share their knowledge with. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am expecting great things from you three especially since I got choked up for the first time at a graduation.

    ReplyDelete